Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One Word: H-U-M-D-I-T-Y!

I really do not like complaining about the heat. But the heat and humidity has been a challenge for me. When I left this morning for a Tempo Run, the thermometer was just over 75°F with an overcast sky and 92% humidity. I had to park it a few moments after miles 3, 4 and 5 to cool down. Even with the heat I managed to finish the six mile run in about 53.5 minutes.


I lost 4 pounds after this run. According to RunnersWorld.com, I need to drink 16 ounces of water per hour for every pound I lost today. OK, I'll try to do that but I kinda don't want to run to the restroom too often. I also know I must take care of my body.

I'd like to run tomorrow if my legs are OK with 4 consecutive runs without a day off. Well, I guess I'll drink up.
-----------------------------------------
__________
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed! Also, check out my articles on Examiner.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment