Saturday, August 14, 2010

The End of a Great Week

I finished a pretty good week with a 10 mile Long Run this morning. Hadn't run this 10 mile route in a while which made this run more of an adventure. I thought the sun would stay under the clouds for the entire route. But, when I got to the 5 mile route, the furnace found a hole in the clouds for about 10 minutes and then went back undercover for the remainder of the run (thank goodness!)

Prior to today's run, I logged 22 miles this week. I have not run more than 25 miles in a week for quite some time, so running 32 miles this week is a great milestone. Hopefully, I can get in a several more weeks of 25+ miles before the 2010 Lewis and Clark Half Marathon in October. I ran every day from Monday through Thursday which was a change from my original plan. This change worked better for me; I could use a break before a Saturday long run!

My numbers were not too bad considering the humidity was over 90% again. I kept a slow pace as planned. And, yes, I felt like I could have easily run another 3.1 miles to complete a half!.
----------
Mile Splits: 9:50, 9:39, 9:27, 9:46, 9:24, 9:23, 9:32, 9:58, 9:34, 9:42
__________
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed! Also, check out my articles on Examiner.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment