Monday, April 12, 2010

2010 Dog Run #2

Isis and I completed our second run this year: 4 mile Pace Run. To my surprise, she's getting a more accustomed to the runs very quickly. I thought it would be weeks before she even wanted to hit the road. And, keeping up with me today was surely a challenge considering I held an 8:42 minute/mile pace over 4 miles.

We had a few memorable moments. Of course there was the unspeakable, unplanned bio stop about 1/2 mile into the run. There was also a squirrel siting which prompted a sharp tug on the leash within the last mile of the run. The pull was so great she nearly dragged me from the street onto the sidewalk. We survived, thank goodness, with less than a mile to go. I thought I would have the strength to give a big "push" for the last 1/2 mile. However, knowing Isis was still not quite in shape, I decided to just keep a steady pace.

Tomorrow, I will do an interval run. On Wednesday Isis and I will do a 3 mile easy run - her third run this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment