Monday, June 29, 2009

Long Weekend..Long night

Today's mission for @WillRunzForFun: complete an Easy Run.

Make no mistake about it: I did not want to get out of bed this morning! Saturday was a long day (see A New Personal Record). And, Sunday was equally busy: 8:15am - dropped off youngest son at practice; 8:30am - went to grocery store to buy more meat for lunch/dinner; 10:15am - go home, marinate meat and grab a quick breakfast; 10:40am - drive back to park and talk to Coach John; 10:45am - drive to Joliet to pickup the nieces from the Amtrak station; 11:25am - drive back to the park to watch the remainder of practice and pickup my son; 12:15pm - take my son and nieces home; 12:30pm - fire up the grills and cook meat for dinner because I won't have time to cook before 7pm; 3pm - catch the last 90 minutes of my middle son's game; 4:30pm - walk a block to see my youngest son's game; 7pm - go home, feed the dog, get ready for dinner; 9pm - make lunch and try to wind down while watching the BET 2009 Awards.

I could not take myself away from the television until 10:30pm or so and I knew better! When I got out of bed at 5:30am, I had that feeling you get when you think you just closed your eyese and really hadn't slept at all. A compromise was enivitabl even though I had to run. I told myself I'd sleep until 6:40am and then head out for the run. Of course, I did not want to get off the couch at 6:40am. I also knew I could not fit in a run this evening since my son has his championship game this evening at 6pm. Thank goodness the dog was willing to run with me or else it could have been worse!

We started slow and finished strong...ready for the Wednesday Maintenance Run now.

__________
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment