Monday, May 17, 2010

In The Rain...

When I took the dog for a walk this morning, I knew I had a tough decision to make: Do I run outside in the rain or hit the treadmill? I thought about it for a minute and decided I didn't want to run two straight days on the treadmill (I plan to do an interval run on the mill tomorrow!) I also knew I couldn't take Isis with me in the rain. If she lost her footing or decided to shake the rain off her coat, both of us could be tossed into traffic inadvertently. She needs the exercise, but I had to leaver at home this morning - we'll hit the road on Wednesday, if possible. Despite the shower, the run was good. Nothing major other than a few leaps to avoid small ponds on the sidewalks of northern Chi Heights. I'm sure people were wondering why I would run in the rain as they drove by. All I can say is once you've developed an affinity for running, a little rain won't stop a run!
--------------------------
Mile Splits: 8:42, 9:31, 8:47, 8:31, 8:01.
__________
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed! Also, check out my articles onExaminer.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment