Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Plunging Through A Tempo Run on The Treadmill

I really wasn't in the mood to do a Tempo Run this afternoon. I guess that's partly because I have been spoiled with good weather that allowed me to run outdoors 3 consecutive days. Well, today I had to hit the treadmill due to inclement weather in the Windy City.

Because of my poor attitude, the run started out sluggish. I did a 1.5 mile warm-up at my half-marathon pace (10 min./mile). I then kicked up the speed on the dreadmill to my 10K pace (8:55 min./mile) and ran for 4 miles. By the time I reached the 2.5 mile mark, I could feel the urge to run even farther than I had planned. I said a quick prayer and finished up with a 1.5 mile cool-down at my half-marathon pace.

Tomorrow I'll do a progression run. My goal is to run at least 4 miles with a stretch goal to run 5 miles! Again, I have to depend use the treadmill because of the weather.

0 comments:

Post a Comment