Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tempo Treadmill Run...

This afternoon marked the end of four consecutive runs that began last Saturday.   Today's run was a 7-mile tempo run: 1 mile warm-up & cool-down at 10 miles/minute and  5 miles at my 10K pace 8:50 miles/minute.  The run took about 65 minutes and I felt generally good although I feel tired now. 

At the suggestion of a few Twitter-mates, I watched one of my favorite DVDs, Planet Earth - Great Plains, and thought through a few a few blog topics while on the treadmill.  In fact, today's topic came to me while I was on the treadmill so I guess you could say this is kind of a recursive entry (ok, only the techies will get that joke).

Tomorrow is a well-needed rest day. I'll do my usuall pull-ups and crunches.  I may also do a little legwork - some lunges and a few stairs - to strengthen my legs.  And yes, the legwork idea was a suggestion from another Twitter-mate.

Thursday is another Progression Run and then I'm off Friday in prepartion for Saturday's Long Run!

0 comments:

Post a Comment