Saturday, February 21, 2009

Half-Way Done with My 30 Day Challenge

I finished Week 8 on Saturday with an 8 mile treadmill run.  The goal was to do 10-12 miles, but cramps settled in and I had to stop early.  The Hill, Speed Work, and Progression Runs are really helping to improve my speed and endurance.  I think I'm ready to run a "practice" half-marathon and believe I can keep a 10 minute/mile pace or better. 

I can't wait to get outside to run freely again.  Last month's warm spell really spoiled me!

Next Week's Runs
I'm enjoying a 5 run per week schedule.  My body is able to recover and I can tell my times are getting faster.  Next week I plan to do the following runs:
  1. Sunday - Easy Run / 4 miles
  2. Monday - Hill Climb / 4 miles
  3. Tuesday - Tempo Run / 6 miles
  4. Thursday - Progression Run / 4 miles
  5. Saturday - Long Run / 12-14 miles
The Wednesday and Friday rests are also making a huge difference when I do my Long Runs on Saturday

Monthly Goal
With 15 days left in the Run 100 Miles in 30 Days Challenge, I've run 52.71 miles.  If I continue to run a minimum of 25 miles per week, I will achieve the goal with room to spare. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment