Friday, October 16, 2009

Wet, Cool Fall Runs

What a week. Gauging the weather has been a little tricky this Fall. It's been a little chilly. But, when it's also raining I'm finding that's not the kind of weather I feel comfortable running in. I started the week outside and have completed the last 3 runs on the treadmill.

I've been extremely busy at work and haven't written any articles this week for Examiner.com. Next week is the time to get back on track. I enjoy writing and have some great ides for my next half dozen articles. So, be on the lookout for new, informative articles from me soon!
Today's Run
This is week 2, day 4 of my 12 week half marathon training program. Today I completed a 4 mile Progression Run on the treadmill. I'd rather have run outside but couldn't see myself running in cold, wet rain. Progression runs are pretty fun and it would have been difficult for me to do a progression from 9:05 min/mile to 8:3 min/mile and then 8:05 min/mile accurately without a GPS, so the treadmill was the best option.
Training
This week I completed an Easy Run Monday; a treadmill Tempo Run Tuesday; a Pace Run, and a Progression Run today. Tomorrow is a Long Run, but since I'll be in Kankakee most of the weekend I may need to shorten the run to a 10k treadmill run or move it to Sunday.
__________
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my RSS feed! Also, check out my articles on Examiner.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment